East Church of Scotland – Minister Vacancy
The East Church of Scotland in Inverness has a long history and has a forward looking congregation, which is open to new opportunities. At it’s heart, it is a Gospel focused, prayer centred congregation with a strong sense of mission to the communities it serves. The congregation and the various courts & organisations of the East are united, engaged and supportive of the work of the East Church. We also have had a strong ethos of Bible centred preaching and teaching and we see this as the foundation for the next stage of our Ministry.
We are looking for a minister who will work with and provide leadership to the congregation of Inverness East. In particular, the person called to this Ministry, will be expected to;
- Lead public worship, two services on a Sunday and mid-week prayer meeting(s).
- Lead and work alongside respectively the organisations and courts of the church.
- Develop our pastoral work and get to know our congregation.
- Be open to building the sense of community and social cohesion of the congregation.
- Work with the Kirk Session to identify and encourage the latent and under-deployed talents within the congregation.
- Be ambitious to grow the congregation and develop our work in our new parish boundary.
- Work with the congregation to increase our relevance to and impact in, our parish and in the city centre.
- Work with the congregation to increase our relevance to families and the young.
- Enjoy being part of God’s work and have the ability to enthuse and engage others.
- As a proportion of the congregation are from the West, or the Islands, an empathy for Gaelic & Gaelic heritage is desirable.
- Maintain reverence as part of public worship.
For a confidential discussion about this vacancy please contact:
Interim Moderator – Rev Dr Hugh Watt 01456 450231, firstname.lastname@example.org
Chair of the Nominating Committee – Dr Donald MacVicar 01463 792389, email@example.com